• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft/transmission

lacherokee96

NAXJA Forum User
I put a different rear axle on my 2wd xj and the diff. housing is further back than the stock, so my stock driveshaft is too short. The yoke still fits in the transmission but it leaks. I recently got a new driveshaft but its only about 1/2 an inch longer so it still leaks but slightly. The tailshaft seal is brand new so I know its not the problem.

Question

Does anyone know if putting another tailshaft seal in the tran. would help. Another as in having two seals not just one.

Sounds like your yoke isn't engaged all the way and it is leaking. Here is a pic of my 2wd with a 4wd tranny and t-case just put in with a 4wd driveshaft with the longer 2wd yoke on it.
100_1313.jpg

This is with my 2wd ds cut down and measured to fit and has a yj yoke on it...
100_1324.jpg

well I actually have a driveshaft thats the perfect length but its dented and it wobbles too much @ anything over 35 mph and its the shaft thats longer not the yoke. I searched all the junk yards close to my city and cant find a decent one. Do you think the extra seal will help?

Back