• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New KC lights = no power door locks

gasman1

NAXJA Forum User
Here it goes. 90 XJ. Got off road lights for Fathers day and hooked them into existing wiring in place of the fog\driving lights. Pulled the headlights on and flipped the switch for the off road lights and no off road lights, no power door locks, and no power antenna. I checked the fuses but nothing seems out of order there. I am thinking some seperate power supply from the battery but just don't know where to start. All other electricals seem to be okay. After I get this fixed I would still like to use the switch on the dash(factory) for turning these lights on but right now they are in line with the high\low beam and I am not sure how to bypass to where they will have a separate power line but still work through the switch. I am sure you guys have come across this before and any help is appreciated.

hit the locks, and maybe the antenna will go up, and turn on the radio for the lights.:D Sounds like you have found a short in that circuit. maybe that was the reaso the original lights were removed.

Check for a possible short under the air filter box. There is a main plug under there for all the lights up front. I've found on numerous occasions where the plug had melted or shorted. This would be for headlights and fog lights. I do not know if there was a fuse panel under the hood on the 90 XJ. If your is a stick it could be the master cylinder for the clutch could've leaked at some time on the fuse panel causing corrosion.

Jeepm@n said:
Check for a possible short under the air filter box. There is a main plug under there for all the lights up front. I've found on numerous occasions where the plug had melted or shorted. This would be for headlights and fog lights. I do not know if there was a fuse panel under the hood on the 90 XJ. If your is a stick it could be the master cylinder for the clutch could've leaked at some time on the fuse panel causing corrosion.

Thanks for the heads up. I will look at that as soon as I get home from work.

Back