• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger Window Help!!

rooneypower

NAXJA Forum User
So today my girlfriend was rolling down the passenger window (power windows) and she wanted it back up, It would not work from her side or mine, It would go down, but not up. So my friend and I pulled the door pannel to see whats going on. We have no clue what to look for, Any ideas???

i think there's a bad wire. it's known that the wires in the door suck. i couldn't tell you which one to look at, but it's almost definitely not the motor. if you replace all the wires with decent ones it will work fine. there are a few threads on this topic that you could search for. good luck.

Unplug the regulator motor from the harness and jump the wires on the motor side, the window should go either up or down Then reverse the jumper wires and the window will go the other direction . If it won"t go one way or the other you probably have a bad regulator

Don't know if you have figured out the problem yet, but after dealing with a regulator problem on my 99, this might help.
The part that connects the ribbed "Cable" that runs inside the rail to the window is made of a sping like plastic. It is apparently prone to breaking. That's what happened to mine.

And good luck finding an aftermarket or even a junker. It's about 400-450 at the dealership for the entire regulator, motor and all.

Back