• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

X factor steering with hydro assist?

finn188

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been searching for weeks and have been back and forth on what steering setup to run. right now i have about a 4" droped pitman arm with an upgraded tie rod. Im suprised its lasted as long as it has, I run 8" of lift and 35s and as far as trails, I usually try just about everything I come across. My plan is to run hydro assist and Id love to go back to a factory pitman arm (less leverage on the sector shaft?) I already rebuilt my saginaw box and drilled/tapped it for hydro. I also have all the parts from surpless center on my bench. I want all the room I can get between the axle housing and tie rod to mount the ram. the X factor setup seems to provide the most room the way they bend the tie rod at the ends so it seems like the way to go. SO onto my actual question: has anyone dealt with this issue before? any help or thaughts welcome.

this is the best pic I could find of my current setup:
DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Last edited:
Back