• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake lines?

mclovin said:
does anybody know if there is a brake line that will match myy 88 xj lines to a 14 bolt from a 79 chevy?
If you are replacing hard lines on the rear end as well as the hose anyway, I would think a regular xj (or yj, etc.) would work as long as you get one long enough for your suspension. Just make sure the hard line fittings match what they need to be on each end (3/8 double flare? on jeep side, whatever you need on chevy side). You may need to tap a hole to bolt the block end of the hose on, but I think you could do this without to much extra work. After all, If you're putting a 14 bolt on an XJ ( :D ), I would assume you have a good idea what you're doing. Unless you're :gee: like me.

Am I thinking oversimple like? I'm sure someone else will have a better handle on your subject than me.

Last edited:
worse case scenario is you have to maybe redo the hardlines on the axle to match the old hard lines and swap in the old soft line(im hoping you have extended lines, if not go with a 95 dakota rear line, its 6" longer...) that is if the 14 bolt lines are not the 3/8" fittings, if they are, itll bolt right up. you should be able to easily check this by taking your old rear line and seeing if the 14bolt lines on the axle end will fit.

Back