• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little help for a Nor-Cal guy

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I am heading down to the Hollywood area this weekend, spending Saturday and Sunday at Magic Mountain, and doing some sightseeing/partying around the area Saturday night. I have been down there a few times and I am bringing the girlfriend down for her first visit. I have seen the Hollywood sign everytime, but I really want to get as close to it as I can get although I know it isn't all that much to look at. Where is the best place to go to check it out? How close can I get to it? Any friendly hotspots in Hollywood I should go check out on Saturday night? Anyone want to hang out Saturday night?

lots of clubs in hollywood if thats your thing, but watch out for the drag queens :D most of hollywood at night is the party scene, not much else to do but go clubbing, and they are pretty much all the same.

if you want to head south about a half hour from hollywood you are welcome at my place for some beers and a poker game with me and the wife, but bring some disposable income, or jeep parts and we can bet back and forth for what ive got, haha :D

not too sure about getting up by the hollywood sign. you used to be able to get right up behind the letters and have a KILLER view of all of Los Angeles, but i dont think its accessible anymore.

hope you have a good time down here!

That Hollywood sign is only in the movies.

I'd just stick to Valencia.

:D

GrimmJeeper said:
lots of clubs in hollywood if thats your thing, but watch out for the drag queens :D most of hollywood at night is the party scene, not much else to do but go clubbing, and they are pretty much all the same.

if you want to head south about a half hour from hollywood you are welcome at my place for some beers and a poker game with me and the wife, but bring some disposable income, or jeep parts and we can bet back and forth for what ive got, haha :D

not too sure about getting up by the hollywood sign. you used to be able to get right up behind the letters and have a KILLER view of all of Los Angeles, but i dont think its accessible anymore.

hope you have a good time down here!

I have a feeling we'll find a club to hang out at in Hollywood. The GF likes to go clubbing. Thanks for the offer though.

Kathy and I are going to Vegas in the morning. :cheers:

Bryan C. said:
I have a feeling we'll find a club to hang out at in Hollywood. The GF likes to go clubbing.
Quite a few years ago (way too many for me to admit) the Roxy, Rainbow, Troubador and Whiskey used to be fun places to frequent. But I'm not sure if these are still happening places. Anyone been there lately?

http://theroxyonsunset.com/
http://www.rainbowbarandgrill.com/
http://www.troubadour.com/
http://www.whiskyagogo.com/

Whatever you end up doing have fun.
Baja Curt

Bryan C. said:
I am heading down to the Hollywood area this weekend, spending Saturday and Sunday at Magic Mountain, and doing some sightseeing/partying around the area Saturday night. I have been down there a few times and I am bringing the girlfriend down for her first visit. I have seen the Hollywood sign everytime, but I really want to get as close to it as I can get although I know it isn't all that much to look at. Where is the best place to go to check it out? How close can I get to it?
It's relatively easy to get to, but the streets in the Hollywood Hills are confusing as hell. The Hollywood Sign is atop Mt. Lee, but the road to the top is gated. You can get really close though. Simply... south on the 101 Hollywood Freeway through the Cahuega Pass. Exit at Gower. Turn left and go under the freeway. Imediately turn right onto Franklin Ave. Immediately turn left onto Beachwood Ave. Work your way up the hill to the intersection of Beachwood and Mulholland Highway.

Here's a Google Map link of the sign. Sutdy the streets well, or print out a copy of the map and take it with you.

Any friendly hotspots in Hollywood I should go check out on Saturday night?

When your done at the sign, go back down Beachwood, turn right on Franklin. Turn left on Gower and go down to either Hollywood Blvd for some sightseeing or a liittle further south to Sunset Blvd. If it's still daylight, you can cruise Sunset all the way to the beach for a really pretty drive. Or just look for clubs like the Viper Room in West Hollywood. Turn right on whichever street you choose.

Anyone want to hang out Saturday night?
Nah, but if you head out to Vegas, look me up.

Stay away from Hollywood, it's going to be mucked up with a jillion weddings.

:D

Back