• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swapping 92 aw4 to 99 aw4

madmax

NAXJA Forum User
so far it was straight forward
i first dropped the pan to swap the wireing and found water :( . i then swapped the tcase adapter and sensor. i all swap over neutraul safety switch and crank shaft position sensor and rebuilt it. that all took a few hours. all i have to do is put the pan back on. at this point i really only have two question. the first is, the 99 has an extra sensor at the front driver side

do i need? personal i dont think its anything to worry about
and the second is the water. i had the tranny sitting in my shed for five months with the ass end to the door. and yes my girlfriend left the door open. god i fucking hate rain. my plan is to let the tranny drip dry over night and call it good. is there anything else i should do

Well, I have a 96 tranny in my 99... and I had that extra sensor problem as well.

As long as you like how it won't shift into OD without manual dropping it into third and then up to OD, you'll be fine...

Its the input speed sensor on the bellhousing, it'll cause issues, it tells then solenoids when to shift.

Wait, what year vehicle is this going into, you never made that clear.

Last edited:
i have 89 cherokee that is a trailer queen. i dont think i have had it over 45mph sense december of 04 when i turned it in to a cherby. i swap the 92 aw4 in to in two years ago to run a np241.

Ok, then, you should be fine then for the most part.

Back