• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Tierod ball joint replacement

Daedalus454

NAXJA Forum User
I have "upgraded" to a stock V8 ZJ tierod on my XJ, I was wondering if it was possible to change the ball joint on the fixed end, the one that bolts to the draglink, without replacing the entire tierod. It looks like it could be pressed out, but I thought I would check. My boot just tore, so I need to get it taken care of soon.

Get a new boot? If the balljoint is still good, just clean out the old grease, put on the new boot, and lube it up.
well here is my problem. when i was getting the tie rod out of the jeep at the jy i hit that end that he is talking about and kinda warped the end and it screwed up the ends so is it possible to press that out and replace it?

Is there a way to fab a spacer to put in to it? Kinda like what some do for the 1ton steering. I've thought about this before, for when it eventually wears down and makes dead spots, would help it not roll and make a dead spot

Nope... once it is done, it is done. Get another.

Back