• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88XJ WITH SELF MADE EXAUST O2 SENSORS?

gabrielxj

NAXJA Forum User
I HAVE AN 88 XJ BUILDING FOR TRAIL ONLY IN NEVEDA, I DONT NEED EMMISIONS. HAVE BUILT MY OWN EXAUST USING 2 1/4 PIPE AND CHERRY BOMB, NO CAT, DO I NEED BOTH O2 SENORS OR JUST THE ONE AT THE MANIFOLD?

MOTOR STARTED HEISTATING ON THE HILLS AND FOUND THE CPS SENSOR WIRES BURNING ON THE MANIFOLD REPLACED AND ZIP TIED WIRES IN GOOD PLACE RUNS BETTER BUT STILL HEISTED OCCAISNLY. FOUND THAT MY SUSPENSION SOME HOW GOT A HOLD OF O2 WIRES AND RIPPED THEM OUT OF O2 SENSOR, FIGURED THAT WAS PROBLEM, BUT FROM SOME RESEARCH FOUND OUT THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 2 SENSORS. DO I REALY NEED THE ONE THAT IS SUPPOST TO BE AFTER THE CAT SINCE IM NOT RUNNING ONE?

gabrielxj said:
I HAVE AN 88 XJ BUILDING FOR TRAIL ONLY IN NEVEDA, I DONT NEED EMMISIONS. HAVE BUILT MY OWN EXAUST USING 2 1/4 PIPE AND CHERRY BOMB, NO CAT, DO I NEED BOTH O2 SENORS OR JUST THE ONE AT THE MANIFOLD?

MOTOR STARTED HEISTATING ON THE HILLS AND FOUND THE CPS SENSOR WIRES BURNING ON THE MANIFOLD REPLACED AND ZIP TIED WIRES IN GOOD PLACE RUNS BETTER BUT STILL HEISTED OCCAISNLY. FOUND THAT MY SUSPENSION SOME HOW GOT A HOLD OF O2 WIRES AND RIPPED THEM OUT OF O2 SENSOR, FIGURED THAT WAS PROBLEM, BUT FROM SOME RESEARCH FOUND OUT THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 2 SENSORS. DO I REALY NEED THE ONE THAT IS SUPPOST TO BE AFTER THE CAT SINCE IM NOT RUNNING ONE?

No you do not need an O2 sensor. With that said, you do need to do some math and table look ups though to find the exact numerical value of voltage resistance you want to simulate with a resistor to "fake" and O2 sensor for the computer. Just run the O2's and not bother with all the mind killing math.

gabrielxj said:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Whoops, forgot the rest... The computer in your rig prolly wants a before and after reading. Was it originally a California set up? Federal usually only required one at the manifold if I remember correctly.

dont know if it was from cali, bought from a clueless guy in neveda, wires every where and stuff and he had missed matched gears, keep breaking ujoints due to axle wrap cuase of weak stock springs and blocks and a few other clueless issues. only paid 400 though so far been good after fixing issues with a junker and new suspension parts of course. anyway enough about clueless.

Should it run corectly with the one at the manifold? cant find wires where the second one should go.

"I don't know what we're yelling about!!!Loud Noises!"

Back