• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exploring by and around azusa canyon sunday the 3rd lots of pics not dial up friendly

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
hey kids got bored today, so my buddy and i drove down to azusa canyon to see for our selfs what the deal is. holy crapola, spoke with the park ranger, he let us go down to the first crossing and take some pics, he also informed us that it takes about 5-6 days to drain the canyon via the damn. he said possible reopening by the end of this month, possible to be as far as middle of next month. Now this is not me comeing up with things this is the rangers words, anywho here some pics. we also traveled a bit past the canyon and took some pics of a stream and some other stuff a round the stream, hope you injoy

Last edited:
PICT0010-1.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0008-1.jpg

PICT0005-1.jpg

100_1311.jpg

100_1310.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1303.jpg

100_1297.jpg

100_1290.jpg

100_1288.jpg

100_1286.jpg

100_1285.jpg

Re: exploring by and around azusa canyon sunday the 3rd lots of pics not dial up friendly

lemme put it this way: I was @ Burro on Sat and it looked like some of the water has receded since I saw it the previous weekend ;) So if you think this is a lot... there was more!

thanks for sharing the pics. there's some cool stuff to see in our local mountains. next time take the east fork rd and head up to the bridge to nowhere. also, just past the OHV park is the rincon shortcut; it's a cool fire road drive that over looks all of LA and goes along the peaks towards Mt. Wilson. Easy drive, lotsa motorcycles, but cool nonetheless.

holy shat. I haven't seen that much water in the canyon in a few years. It's perfect for you Andy, your jeep loves water. :cheers:

heh yea i know his and mine both.

yea we did drive past the ohv area, and pulled up to the rincon trail, that trail is closed right now "untill further notice". anywho it was fun goood times.

peace
ted

Back