• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the beef with a GG Quick Lock???

BruceB83

NAXJA Forum User
So I've read people complaining about EZ lockers, which are supposedly the same as Quick-Lock and I've also read people say negative things about that. But, the Quick-Lock LOOKS just like the Aussie and the Lock-Right so what is the deal?

They LOOK to be the exact same things so how can one suck and the other be bad? I don't want "seach and you'll see" because I have searched...what I want is WHY they aren't as good instead of just somebody trash talking it because their friend broke one (probably being a dumb@ss). Just trying to get to a technical answer here guys to see if it's legit. I found a good deal on a used Quick-Lock.

No idea...

I have a Loc-Rite in the D30 on my '91. Drove fine on the road and everything.

I can only guess that people think its the material used in designing it? Maybe the process? Who knows.

I had a QuickLoc on my old D30. They were exactly the same. The same casting numbers and everything.

The Ausie is supposed to be a superior design and stronger but I broke a lot of axles and never lost a QuickLoc.

materials used, machining tolerances, quieter, and the biggest one for me, was the 1 year warrany, with no tire size limit. i think richmond gear only warrants theirs up to 37s

Thanks Haleyes. Yeah, they look pretty much the same to me. I don't know....I don't think I'm seeing any good reasons NOT to buy a used Quick Lock that I found assuming it's in good condition. I mean, if I were going to buy new, which I still may, I'd go Aussie just because.

It's obvious that the Aussie is a tad beefier. How the Aussie compares to the QL, I don't know. I wouldn't be afraid of a used luchbox. I'd put a new spring kit in it and call it good.

I know of a (used) D30 Lockright that might be available.If you're interested, hit me backchannel and I'll ask about it.

I put a used Aussie in my D30, and while I haven't wheeled it yet, it is pretty much invisible on the road. From previous experience, the Lock-rite is noisier on-road, mainly in turns, but performs the same off-road.

Like Hale said, throw a "rebuild" kit in (available from Summit, ~$16 IIRC) and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Back