• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crooked Sway Bar Links/Short Trackbar

BronsonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just recently finished upgrading my 6" lift with RE Springs and shocks all around. While I was doing this I also installed a set of JKS Quicker Disconnects. After the install, both disconnects are set to the same length, I noticed they are both crooked. The drivers side is leaning 5-10 degrees from vertical towards the passenger side at the top and the passenger side is doing the same thing. I measured the clearance from top of fender to the ground on both sides and there is a full 1" difference, where the passenger side is 1" higher than the drivers side. The rears are equal. What could possibly be causing this? The only thing I could think of is that my trackbar is too short and is pulling one side of the vehicle down. I do not have and adjustable track bar. Tried to search this out and didn't find what I was looking for, an input would be appreciated, thanks!

I believe that you should get an adjustable trac bar once you go higher than 3" so by my calculations you are long over due. Have you ever taken the trac bar off?

3" is really the workable maximum with the stock trackbar. Once you go higher, it's really going to start kicking the axle out toward the driver's side.

At very least, redrill the axle mount for the trackbar over about 1" to the driver's side and that should recenter the axle sufficiently.

Mullet said:
What if it is out on the pass side.... is it too tight? Thanks
track bar is adjusted too long.

bronson,
there is no way to run 6" lift without an adjustable track bar.

Thanks guys, yeah I have come to realize this, also I did the measurements to check my centering on the front axle and sure as $hit, its off by an inch, I will be getting an adjustable asap. Thanks again!

Back