• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d'oh I'm an idiot

xjjk

NAXJA Forum User
:anon: someone put axle ujoints in my driveshaft while not paying attention to what parts they were grabbing... and here I thought those clips were for the no grease caps...

thought I'd give you guys something to laugh at to close the day.
Got me thru Cleghorn ok. :eyes:

I JUST REALIZED it tonight. damn...:banghead:

bassthumb said:
:anon: someone put axle ujoints in my driveshaft while not paying attention to what parts they were grabbing... and here I thought those clips were for the no grease caps...

thought I'd give you guys something to laugh at to close the day.
Got me thru Cleghorn ok. :eyes:

I JUST REALIZED it tonight. damn...:banghead:

lol.. A couple months ago, when I changed my oil, I put about 2 quarts in before I realized that I forgot to put the drain plug back on.. :doh:

E

oh boy... How about putting in a tomken leaf spring with poly bushings and forgetting to put the metal sleeve in the bushing? Had to spend some quality and creative time with the leaf spring hanger to straighten it back out ;)

In my earlier years of suspension, I was sidetracked when building a pair of forks and shipped them with no oil. The guy calls me and says "damn, these things are soft". So I went out there, and they were bone dry. I'm just glad nothing broke. :hang:

Jump This said:
I once changed out a knobby on one of my dirt bikes and lost track of one of my tire irons....

yep....somehow it go left in the tire....
:D

IMGP0774.jpg

hmmm, i think the dumbest thing i have done sence working on toyota cars and trucks would have to be not putting the gasket on a new style cartridge type filter, and starting it up, 6 qts of oil on teh floor wo0t. funniest i ever saw, i was at irvine toyota, and this new kid had punched a hole in the older style 4cyc camry engines where the filter is located on the upper side of the block, he didnt have the car pulled forward enough, and started it up to move it and it shot oil about 30 feet in the air, and probably 50 feet accrost the shop, it was by far the funniest thing i have ever sceen a tech to.

peace
ted

I hate ujoints... or rather, those damn needle bearings. :flamemad::flamemad:
ok...all better now. :cheers:

thanks for the company fellas!!

TheWarWagon said:
In my earlier years of suspension, I was sidetracked when building a pair of forks and shipped them with no oil.

Bryce.... wasnt that just last year? :spin1:

I'm not admitting anything..:anon:

This thread isn't possibly long enough to contain my stupid car mistakes. LOL.

Most recently, I left a socket and wrench on the crank pulley of my Corrado after replacing a belt and resetting the timing. Upon starting the car, I spun the crank pulley off. Wonderful. One of my smaller idiot marks.

Do you guys remember back in the day, some guy on a Miata board was rebuilding and engine and somehow a box of Copperhead BB's got spilled into his intake plumbing and he didn't know? He started the car and tore it apart again after hearing a bunch of strange sounds...there were pics on every automotive message board of this Miata block with BB's embedded in the pistons and the cylinderhead!

corbinafly said:
I'm not admitting anything..:anon:

Oh come on Kyung... I KNOW that you have a story or two that will fit right in with this thread.. ;)

xL8 APEKSx said:
This thread isn't possibly long enough to contain my stupid car mistakes. LOL.

Most recently, I left a socket and wrench on the crank pulley of my Corrado after replacing a belt and resetting the timing. Upon starting the car, I spun the crank pulley off. Wonderful. One of my smaller idiot marks.

I think this one is first place so far... :laugh:

The story on the Miata board doesn't count..

E

EliasJ123 said:
Oh come on Kyung... I KNOW that you have a story or two that will fit right in with this thread.. ;)

I think this one is first place so far... :laugh:

The story on the Miata board doesn't count..

E
I once left a box wrench on the harmonic damper bolt and cranked the motor over. What was that sound??!!:dunno:

I also backed over one of my trash cans at night and was wondering what the hell that awful sound was while I was moving. When I got to the Target parking lot half a mile away I found the trash can stuck under my rear axles kinda crushed and worn down a little.:shhh: At least the noise wasn't from my jeep.:yelclap:

There. You happy Elias?!

sounds like when I backed off the ramps after changing the oil in my taurus, taking the 5gallon bucket I left under there with me...

Back