• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redneck Ram

It's just hydraulic assist steering...and they're kit/quality is nice.. at least the ones I've personally dealt w/.

I'd recommend it unless you either:

(a) want to drop some coin on PSC
(b) want to build your on
(c) dont need it

Last edited:
The make great products.. I have there Stage 2 kit on my XJ..
they also tapped my J20 steering box that I have on my XJ

it all works together great.. I would recommend them to everyone

That was pretty poor english...

I mean....

Do you need to send the core back to them or they just charge you for it? I guess I can call them later. I'm just wondering someone here might know.

I sent them a J20 box I found in a junkyard, they rebuilt it, tapped it, and then sent it back to me with ram kit..

that way I never had to take off my XJ steering box until I had all the parts back with me.

Stage II is only an assist....

I run 37" 13.5 Pitt bull Rockers....at 4 or 6 lbs I have heck of a time to turn my wheels... I need something to help. I think the stage II will do the trick.

I ran 36's without to much issue on a stock XJ box.. but when I went to 38's is when I am glad I have the hyrdo assist with a better BOX.

Yeah you can do it home brew for around $150.00. Just hit up Tractor Supply they have everything you will need.

Back