• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ no fuel pressure?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok my 96 has not been on the road in a year and a half. I just bought it about 6 months ago and am pulling the partial lift off of it for my 94 and my 96 is to be my DD. Anyways I go out to move it into the garage yesterday and it would not start. I had no fuel pressure at the rail but it would fire with a shot of ether into the throttle body. I check the relay and it is good. I noticed the PO has tape over all the wires under the back seat going to the pump. I do not hear the pump kick in at all. Is there a fuse for the pump I'm missing or any ideas where to start would be great. Or does someone have a wiring diagram for the pump that I could use to trace it out. What would cause only the pump to not kick in other then a bad pump. PS I have not started it since November 10th. I try to start it once a month though.

All the threads I've read has listed there to be no spark or fuel pressure not just one. I'm not trying to say your wrong but now I'am confused. lol. Is there a way to use a digital multimeter to test this thing? I'm pretty good with electronics. How about a schematic for the fuel pump, or the crankshaft position sensor?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Connector

NOTE: To perform a complete test of the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor and it's circuitry, refer to the appropriate Powertrain Diagnostic Chart. To test the sensor only, refer to the following:

PROCEDURE
  1. Near the rear of intake manifold, disconnect sensor pigtail harness connector from main wiring harness.
  2. Place an ohmmeter across terminals B and C (SEE Image). Ohmmeter should be set to 1K-to-1OK scale for this test. The meter reading should be open (infinite resistance). Replace sensor if a low resistance is indicated.

No prob, PM me if you need more, as I have been informed, I am breaking the RULES by posting what I did.

Back