• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Armor

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know who (if any) makes armor for the rear area under the back window where the fuel door is. We banged it up there and on the D pillar out at JV the other weekend. We need to put a plate on the D pillar and tie it into something. We looked at a couple rigs out at the event that had armor there, but I think they were all home made. Through searching I have found out that Thor no longer makes them as well as rock lizard Fab.
If anyone has a set that they want to get rid of, please PM me.

Thanks,

Jeremy

jrowell said:
. Through searching I have found out that Thor no longer makes them

Jeremy

I'm pretty sure they do still make them, but only when they have enough orders to do a run of a few. PM Tim, (T&AXJ), he makes them. Or John,( Avanteone) he sells them, John might even have a set in stock. I run them, as well as alot of people in the NW, WELL worth it.
HTH
-Ryan

THOR

xj066.jpg

PM T&A-XJ Fit is perfect.... best out there IMO...

I like cagedxj's idea of using the same cutting board plastic material that rock crawlers use on their belly skids. It's tough and light.

if you do use the cutting board material anywhere on the xj as a skid it really helps to back it with 16 ga sheet metal - it is still light but stiffens just enough to take some hard knocks - just a thought - doesnt have to be done but is easy to do

Blkxjkrawler said:
I'm pretty sure they do still make them, but only when they have enough orders to do a run of a few. PM Tim, (T&AXJ), he makes them. Or John,( Avanteone) he sells them, John might even have a set in stock. I run them, as well as alot of people in the NW, WELL worth it.
HTH
-Ryan

That's great, thanks!I got the impression through searching that they stopped producing these. I will send them a PM to find out if they have any.

Thanks.

jforse said:
Are these Thor gaurds a one piece with taillight housings? If I may ask what did you pay for those?

Yeah they're one peice( rear quarter and tail light box).... all for about the same price as they're selling just tail light boxes for in the Venders 4-sale section... That's what I couldnt understand why anyone would wait 6 months for just boxes... Oh well if it's what you want..

I recommend the THOR guards I've laid against mine several times and no issues what-so-ever..

uncc civilengineer said:
Raw... PC is nice but hard to touch up... I just primed mine and hit them w/ Rustoleum Satin Black... nice and easy to clean back up..

Good...I was hoping for raw steel. So I need to contact ( T&A-XJ ) then? Is he from Thor? I could not find a site for Thor. I found many links but non worked. Thank you for your time on this as well! I appreciate it.

Back