• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wooohooo!

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
lets get this party started :D I don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait! Moab every year is great: even if it rains and even if the attendance is low. Why? Cause wheeling is great and even if the webwheelers don't show up it's great seeing those that do show up and hanging out with old friends and making new ones while at it. It does not matter if I am stuck fixing someone's spider gears till 2am, or if I'm bitching about having to replace my steering gear. You know why? Cause right after that I get to wheel :D And during that time I get to hang out with friends that I don't get to see sometimes for year or more. So..... mark you calendars, request your vacation, start getting ready and come on down!

Yeah baby...........no one wants to miss this one!!

I'll never forget 120 XJ's lined up on the grass in the park from the 20th anniversary event. Maybe we can get 200 next year.

DSC00072.JPG

Goatman said:

I'll never forget 120 XJ's lined up on the grass in the park from the 20th anniversary event. Maybe we can get 200 next year.
IIRC it was more then 120 :)

Start counting, don't forget the ones who parked on the street. More than fit on one frame! I should try and stich those....

Yup, Moab has top vacation priority next year.

Goatman said:

I am 100% IN !

and it sounds like the NWC will be well represented. add about 10 or so to the list. :spin1:

mojojojo said:
I am 100% IN !

and it sounds like the NWC will be well represented. add about 10 or so to the list. :spin1:

Hell yeah, If all goes well my GF and I will both be bringing rigs.

IntrepidXJ said:
i'm planning on bringing both of mine, too. one for Area BFE, the other for the scenic stuff

We still have to buy and build hers but that will get started shortly,. Hopefully hers will be ready by June/July we plan on taking a scenic trip like yours.

IntrepidXJ said:
i'm planning on bringing both of mine, too. one for Area BFE, the other for the scenic stuff

Are you getting a two rig trailer, or hitching a ride?

I'd like to do the same thing............

Right now I'm looking at a trip to Tellico/Harlan at about the same time, but I've wheeled my XJ at Tellico, and I've only wheeled via passenger seat out west before, at a few of the Grand Junction trails.

Moab's 2,150 miles from here. If I can average 50 MPH (reasonable assuming fillups, traffic, food, etc) it's 43 hours, less than two days...and I can probably get two weeks off from work to do it. I'll have more than enough time, but it's the screwing everyone else with my work that'll kill it.

If I can do it, I may try and pull a trip to Moab with y'all for a few of the main days, and hit some CO trails on the way home with some friends out that way...

For now, let's just see what the price of diesel fuel does...

vetteboy said:
Right now I'm looking at a trip to Tellico/Harlan at about the same time, but I've wheeled my XJ at Tellico, and I've only wheeled via passenger seat out west before, at a few of the Grand Junction trails.

Moab's 2,150 miles from here. If I can average 50 MPH (reasonable assuming fillups, traffic, food, etc) it's 43 hours, less than two days...and I can probably get two weeks off from work to do it. I'll have more than enough time, but it's the screwing everyone else with my work that'll kill it.

If I can do it, I may try and pull a trip to Moab with y'all for a few of the main days, and hit some CO trails on the way home with some friends out that way...

For now, let's just see what the price of diesel fuel does...
Try best you can, we'd all like to see you there. We all had a fantastic time at the 07. Every hour was full of fun. Thom

IntrepidXJ said:

I too am considering this...

mac 'gooseneck' gyvr

I just can't fit a gooseneck onto my Lance camper. :)

But it sure would be nice to have the XJ and the buggy.

Goatman said:
I just can't fit a gooseneck onto my Lance camper. :)

But it sure would be nice to have the XJ and the buggy.

Flat tow the XJ behind the buggy.

Back