• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cowl lights WTF

xj539

NAXJA Forum User
2150203_59_full.jpg

i want this but how do i do it.. not throught the fender or under the hood.. i cant seem to get to it

just go to the hardware store and grab some brackets, bend them till you like em and then screw them into your fenders and then put a light on them

by the way you dont want lights like this. you get a lot of glare off your hood and its no good

hope that made sense

damn it :hang:.. i already drilled a 3/16 hole in the cowels to mount the lights cbecause i thought i could get to it from under the hood.

Same brackets as a CB antenna, mounts under the hood and comes out from under it.

That is my buddy Wes's XJ you posted right there. Those lights are just drilled right through without any brackets or anything.

alexer03 said:
...by the way you dont want lights like this. you get a lot of glare off your hood and its no good

hope that made sense

X2, I had some mounted on a CJ at the mirror/windshield brackets, drove me nuts with the glare even with the small hood on a CJ, and tree limbs beat them to oblivion!

I have to admit they look good there on any Jeep, but the front will give you better results.

I made a bracket that actually used the existing wiper transmission bolts only I used longer bolts. They work alright. I have mine angled outward to see off to the side of my jeep.

KC lights sell adapters that go on the lights to eliminate glare off the hood I have them on my TJ and there is no glare anymore
hope this helps

doug

i have those same lights, and i was considering doing that, but since i do alot of bushwacking it would be very impractical, so i simply made a bracket and put them on my roof, looks better too.

Soooo, you simply made a different style of "tree magnet", then, huh?

Back