• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Jeep won't start!!!

moho

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so here's the deal. I go to crank my jeep and when I turn the key to the on position everything works so the battery has juice but when I try and start it all it does is click and then everything is dead. After a little bit everything will start working again kind of like something has reset. Could this be a short somewhere? I just replaced my starter like 3 days ago so surely it is not that. Also the wire that went to the positive terminal and to my starter had some wire showing so I replaced that and still no luck. Is it possible that a fuse is blown or could it be computer related? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

clean your contact on the battery side, and clean the negative.

and I mean CLEAN IT GOOD.

then your next bet is to clean the connections on the starter relay and then buy a new one.

it's not a big deal.

Might want to make sure that the starter you got is good. I remember putting a new one in back in NY and the one from the company was bad out of the box (not jeep but still a starter)... this sometimes also happens with alternators

when you clean your terminals use a cup with some baking soda and water in it,than dunk the terminals in there, it will make anything that looks like corrosion disappear

moho said:
Okay so here's the deal. I go to crank my jeep and when I turn the key to the on position everything works so the battery has juice but when I try and start it all it does is click and then everything is dead. After a little bit everything will start working again kind of like something has reset. Could this be a short somewhere? I just replaced my starter like 3 days ago so surely it is not that. Also the wire that went to the positive terminal and to my starter had some wire showing so I replaced that and still no luck. Is it possible that a fuse is blown or could it be computer related? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

man, that made me laugh on a no-start thread.

Back