• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LS1 Help

Look it up on Wikipedia. Hardly authoritative, but I've found Wiki to be mercifully free of apocrypha.

I recall seeing a specific listing for the LS1 under Small Block Chevrolet engines, and I think there were some applications listed there as well. I'm working on something a little more comprehensive.

Looking for a donor for an XJ swap?

MisterFubar said:

05 and up got the LS2

which is a kick ass 400hp motor in the GTO. too bad it looks like a grand am coupe.

Don't overlook the LSx engines in the modern trucks. LS6/4L60E can be had cheaply and is more or less the same engine as a LS1 except with a iron block. What difference does the 50 lbs weight difference make in a Jeep? Plus it'll still be lighter than the I6 it's replacing.

I'm not sure what the displacement on the LS6 is, likely either 5.3 or 5.7 but definitely an upgrade regardless.

Google should get you some info.

Root Moose said:
Don't overlook the LSx engines in the modern trucks. LS6/4L60E can be had cheaply and is more or less the same engine as a LS1 except with a iron block. What difference does the 50 lbs weight difference make in a Jeep? Plus it'll still be lighter than the I6 it's replacing.

I'm not sure what the displacement on the LS6 is, likely either 5.3 or 5.7 but definitely an upgrade regardless.

Google should get you some info.
Ditto! Also the displacement isn't changed on the LS6, but the Intake and Heads are replaced.

Last edited:
Back