• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering stabilizer

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting tired of the kick and vibes coming from up front whenever I go over bumps and potholes in the road so I'm going to put in a new steering stabilizer. I've narrowed it between Rancho and OME, but the OME is 20 bucks more. Is the OME that much better than the Rancho or is there any noticeable difference?

Yeah i had a Rancho on and it started leaking and i had front vib problems, i then switched to OME. No leaks no vibes, so i would go with OME. I know most guys on hear say that a stearing stabilizer is only a band aid, but it seemed to work for me.

Hydro Assist. Once you have it, you'll never go back. Steering stabilizers are useless in my opinion. Never had any benefits from one or two. It was my imagination playing tricks on the seat of the pants meter. Went hdro assist and life was good.

Yeah Hydro assist is all it's cracked up to be. But, Bump Steer is the real cause of the issue. Get your steering gear tuned and you won't have as much of an issue. The steering dampner is there to quiet oscillations before they occur, it's not there to account for bump steer.
My $.02

Back