• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving the axle forward

sheeks175

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinions on how far you can move the front axle foward from the stock location with out relocating the steering or track bar. I have a rustys long arm and a rustys adjustable trac bar. thanks! :wave:

You'll be hammering the tires into the front of the inner fenders long before you steering or track bar binds.

My front axle is 4" forewards over stock. Trimming required.

When I said trimming required, it was something like this...

P1010480.jpg

And that's not exactly a minor modification.

Depending on the style of your track bar, it may bind or smack things before you get it that far. A guy can go 1.5-2" forewards and probably not run into too many issues. Also, if you have a lot of lift, you'll be able to go farther before you fit the inner fenders.

oooohhh ok. i thought u were talking about trimming the outer fender. my bad. yeah i do have 7-8 inchs of lift, but considering its a rustys track bar i probably can only go forward 2 inchs like you said. thanks dirty mj.

I've pushed mine forward just over an inch as well. Though I did redo the trackbar location when the ram went in. It's a little hard on the shock bushings and the coils always look bowed. push it forward and see what you think.

Back