• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 E-brake lines?

Gaius

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to decide whether to keep the 8.25 in the rear of my DD 98. One thing I want to know is there anything that can be done with the e-brake cables that hang down under the axle? Seems like if I wheeled it they would likely get ripped off sometime. I like rocks. :D

Anyone have any way to get them out of the way?

Hmmm, they dont really hang down? Make sure your passenger side cable is Zip tied to the axle tube.......I havent had any problems with mine & i like rocks too.:D
IMG_2940.jpg

aahh yes, zip ties. good lookin rearend, fresh.

Gaius said:
Mine hang down quite a bit. I guess it's more of a hang "forward".

xjliftnew002jc9.jpg

Just looks like that you need to take up the slack in the cable & zip tie it to the axle tube. I did that to mine about 2 years ago & it hasnt moved.

the 97+ xj's hang down a bit more because they have a different configuration. The adjuster is mounted to the driver side frame rail by the rear wheel, the older xj's the adjuster is right in the trans tunnel so they follow different routes. I always see the later model jeeps with the cable hanging like that, I would definately move it up, I know i would get it caught on a branch or something.

Back