• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a source for replacement Bushwacker bolts

kst8engineer

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a used set of Bushwacker flares, and I'm in the process of installing them now. They're missing a few of the bolts (I'm about 7 bolts short, if I remember correctly). I checked with our local Fastenal store, and they can match the thread and length, but they can't match the large button-head that the Bushwackers screws have (or the Torx head, but it wouldn't bother me if I had to use Allen/socket-head bolts instead of Torx).

Has anyone found a source (preferably an online source) for replacement bolts, other than from Bushwacker directly?

Thanks

5-90 said:
Or just use a large washer under a conventional screw head.

Functionally that would work fine, but I'd prefer the bolts to cosmetically match as well (or at least come close to matching). One option I've considered would be to step up to a larger thread size to match the Bushwacker's abnormally large bolt head. I think a 5/16" button head screw has approximately the right head diameter.

I got a handfull of them lying around here. Yours for the shipping. I got stainless steel washers, and hex head bolts from Graingers to use when I did the threaded incerts mounts.

scoobyxj said:
I got a handfull of them lying around here. Yours for the shipping. I got stainless steel washers, and hex head bolts from Graingers to use when I did the threaded incerts mounts.
Scoobyxj -- thanks for the offer, PM sent.

Back