• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement bolts

blaube

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 XJ. It's so old and crusted that when I take off parts, I tend to break a bolt head. I've even sprayed the release sprays ahead of time and they still break at time.

I've tried to buy bolts before projects to just replace them, but no one in AK sells them...does anyone know of a great source for replacement bolts?

If it's the hardware store, how to I find the bolt size and thread pattern?

Use your Google skills and find a copy of the Jeep XJ Factory Parts Catalog. About 75% of the nuts and bolts are identified by thread and length and the parts breakdown diagrams are handy for figuring out how to disassemble or assemble almost everything. You can often search out and order parts just by knowing the factory part number.

A set of nut and bolt thread checkers will identify almost everything with threads on your Cherokee.

Try Nutty Company.

Last edited:
Use your Google skills and find a copy of the Jeep XJ Factory Parts Catalog. About 75% of the nuts and bolts are identified by thread and length and the parts breakdown diagrams are handy for figuring out how to disassemble or assemble almost everything. You can often search out and order parts just by knowing the factory part number.

A set of nut and bolt thread checkers will identify almost everything with threads on your Cherokee.

Try Nutty Company.

Thank you for all of your input. I read it and it was like, duh! I had to search for aircraft parts like that when I was in the Air Force. I guess some skills are perishable when you don't use them.

Back