• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much does it have left??

plenty. As long as it's been maintained it will go a lot farther than that.
My MJ has 250K on it. There's a thread here about how far a 4.0 will go, 200K is pretty easily attainable, and some people have 300-400K.

I had two in the 280k range.
One was wrecked.
One was self induced electrical fire.

Its just gettin' broke in good....Now you can drive it hard!

Anything less than 200k on well maintained XJ is like 50k on anything else.

87manche said:
that had to be impressive.
That "self" refers to my dumbass.
You shoulda seen me scramble around to get the fire extinguisher....

imma honky said:

Leave it to a southerner to figure out how to deep fry something else... :D

imma honky said:
I've not caught anything on fire, but I grounded myself so badly that I killed the battery, had a spade shaped burn on one finger and couldn't feel that arm for a few minutes.
Note to self: Headlamp switches have big wires that are hot all the time.

RichP said:
Leave it to a southerner to figure out how to deep fry something else... :D
Only way to go....
If you can't handle the fat and cholesterol, eat some dirt.
BUT, I will say, I have been made fun of at work for never having had some "fried bologna".........

87manche said:
I've not caught anything on fire, but I grounded myself so badly that I killed the battery, had a spade shaped burn on one finger and couldn't feel that arm for a few minutes.
Note to self: Headlamp switches have big wires that are hot all the time.
Yeah, I grounded a power, tried to turn over... crank, crank.....smoke, then poof...
I see fire from the gap b/t the dash and hood.
I scramble inside for the extinguisher.
:guitar:

I've got an 88 with 255K on the clock. Granted, it's on its FOURTH transmission since I bought it (haven't installed it yet...) but it came with the damn Peugeot box that isn't fit to be used as a boat anchor (I'm replacing it with an AX-15.)

Engine? Runs great - you wouldn't know it had 255K on it, and I'm just starting to change the sensors for engine management (they ARE, after all, original parts...)

5-90

Depends on if it was actually taken care of or not. If it has been neglected most of its life, then who knows, but if it has been maintained to a high level, then like everyone else said it is just getting broken in.

Back