• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOCKER ????

95ckee

NAXJA Forum User
ok im gettin the detroit locker or the detroit true trac. im wanting to order next week. my problem is i drive 75-80% on road and its a daily driver and the rest off road so which will be best and is the true trac very aggressive? its a 99 with the 8.25 29 spline. im going with an aurburn ected in the front but they dont make that for the rear. so i have narrowed it down to the detroit full locker or te true trac. when i do off road im trail riding, hill climb a lil, and alot or creeks and rock ledges so its not real easy riding. i would go detroit but dont know if i could get used to all the banging around and heard the true trac was a very good unit. help me out:dunno:

95ckee said:
ok im gettin the detroit locker or the detroit true trac. im wanting to order next week. my problem is i drive 75-80% on road and its a daily driver and the rest off road so which will be best and is the true trac very aggressive? its a 99 with the 8.25 29 spline. im going with an aurburn ected in the front but they dont make that for the rear. so i have narrowed it down to the detroit full locker or te true trac. when i do off road im trail riding, hill climb a lil, and alot or creeks and rock ledges so its not real easy riding. i would go detroit but dont know if i could get used to all the banging around and heard the true trac was a very good unit. help me out:dunno:

just go with the front for now and buy another selectable locker for the back later

WaXJ_Skier said:
just go with the front for now and buy another selectable locker for the back later

I agree that this is probably the best advice, but, I drove my Detroit locked full sized Bronco daily for several years. The only real problems are in the winter on icy roads--you really need to be careful!

Why not get an ARB in the front--then you'll have the compressor and just need to add the rear ARB when funds permit? Just a thought as that is what I am doing.

If money is not an issue get the ARBs. But I have driven with a locker in the rear axle for the last 15 years and the snow isn't a problem.

Back