• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement crossmember or just go LA?

darwin

NAXJA Forum User
I had a little bit too much fun at Big Dogs last weekend and my crossmember is a goner...

I'm having trouble finding any aftermarket (beefier) crossmembers or combination skid/crossmembers. I found the one at Kevin's:

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/xj/xjcrossmemberskid.html

But for that kind of money, and needing new rear leafs, new LCAs, maybe I should look at a kit?

Does anyone else have any other sources for the crossmember, and what are your thoughts on just going for a LA kit?

It's a 98 4.0L AX-15 231.

I like Kevin's stuff (it is the same as the JKS crossmember though, its not his original design as far as I know). The DPG x-member is really nice too, so is TNT Customs...

$250 isnt going to get you a long arm kit. It will get you started, but wont get you very much.
You have a couple options that I can think of right now:
1. FInd a regular factory crossmember till you get some money to upgrade.
2. Buy an upgraded one such as TnT, Kevins, etc.
3. Buy a long arm kit. But note, not all of the LAs have a skid plate included, so you would not only have to buy the arms, but also another skid.

Do you really need long arms? Or would it just be nice? You didnt say how much lift you have. Will make a difference.

Back