• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn spindle replacement - Dana 30

Pat

NAXJA Forum User
5 on 4.5.

need to replace a spindle...somehow stripped the threads, but only where the nut sits when tight on the bearing.

is there any truth to the Bronco II stuff swapping over? or is the Warn spindle a custom unit?

also, in my searches i read that Warn started heat-treating these spindles at some point, and the early ones were not heat treated. wondering if that might be my issue...

just trying to avoid a $190 spindle...

thanks.

Pat

not personal experience, so take it for what its worth - but it is my understanding that the spindle is the one thing you CAN'T use from a Bronco II/Ranger - custom piece, i.e. that's what you are paying for when you buy the kit...

You can be pretty sure the spindles are proprietary, otherwise bronco peeps would be bolting our unit bearings on.. ;)

xj-grin said:
not personal experience, so take it for what its worth - but it is my understanding that the spindle is the one thing you CAN'T use from a Bronco II/Ranger - custom piece, i.e. that's what you are paying for when you buy the kit...

X2. You need to call warn for a replacement spindle, or ask them if there is any way to repair yours.

Add extra washers or adjustment nuts to get your lock nut out on the threads that are still good if you have some good threads on the outside left.

Stumpalump said:
Add extra washers or adjustment nuts to get your lock nut out on the threads that are still good if you have some good threads on the outside left.

This is a pretty good idea.

Back