• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end question???????

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
OKAY.... i have a 1996 xj with a 8.25 rear and i guess a dana 30 and heres my question.
Im doing a 6.5" lift. my truck is up and all susension parts ore off the truck after alot of cutting screaming grinding and so on, im ready to build back up.
When i took my front end off the truck i noticed a bad leak on the drivers side i guess where the axle comes out. the black ring thing is off but i dont think that matters. how hard is this seal to do.

My other option is to take a front end off a 1989 (I think, its between 84 and 89), i just dont know if t is stronger or if it will bolt on w/o fabricating. so grab the whole front for a few bucks of just do my seal what do u guys think

Also im ordering a rustys 6.5 tom woods sye and shaft and 33x12.5 x-terrains I want a 3.75 b-spacing is this good and what do u think about those parts all for under 3g's with rims

You have to remove the axles and differential carrier to change the seal. I'd just change both seals while you're in there. You may want to read this before buying the lift:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=915367
In case you didn't know...

Kyung

Back