• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D.O.N.E.'s n00bfest mk III - May 19-20, 2007

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Who: Anybody who wants to come. No restrictions on vehicle or experience.

What: A chance for people who are new to the sport, or new to their rigs, to get out and have some fun. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to learn a few things essiental to having a safe and enjoyable wheeling experience. We'll have a few chances to get some rigs stuck and then demonstrate how to SAFELY extract it, using several techniques. Hi-Lift, winch operation, snatch blocks and their uses, tow straps (including which kinds are acceptable for NAXJA events), tree savers, etc will all be covered.

When: May 19-20, 2007. We'll post up some more details in regards to meeting times and places, but set aside the afternoon of Saturday (the 19th) and the morning of Sunday (the 20th).

Where: Tahuya State Forest near Belfair, Washington. We'll be camping there Saturday evening, so make sure to be prepared. Weather should be nice.

Why: Not only will this be informative, but it will also be LOTS of fun. This will also be a great opportunity for anyone planning on coming to NWFest to get a little wheeling under their belt, as well as some experience with extraction methods.

Myself, Ryan (blkxjkrawler), Cody (GreenbeltXJ) and Jay (pSYChedXJ) will all be there making things run smoothly, so just show up!

-----Matt-----
NCOIC, 1st D.O.N.E. (A)

Tahuya has a great variety of terrain, perfect for people of all skill levels:

DSC_0371.jpg

D20_1017.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

Re: D.O.N.E.'s n00bfest mk III

I'm in

IXNAYXJ said:
Glad to hear it, both of you. This should be a lot of fun, not to mention legal. ;)

-----Matt-----

So... you're assuming you've broken nothing in Moab, or that it will be fixed in time, and that you'll have nothing that needs attention before Memorial Day weekend? hahaha

J

Avanteone said:
So... you're assuming you've broken nothing in Moab, or that it will be fixed in time, and that you'll have nothing that needs attention before Memorial Day weekend? hahaha

J
Yhea RIGHT! A day without Matt breaking something is like a day without sunshine. Pretty soon you're going to need to change the name of the shop because Matt will own > 50% of the market share.

- Jay

pSYChedXJ said:
Yhea RIGHT! A day without Matt breaking something is like a day without sunshine. Pretty soon you're going to need to change the name of the shop because Matt will own > 50% of the market share.

- Jay

Does the shop have an emergency line dedicated to Matt? kinda like a bat phone. So Matt can reach someone there 24/7

blibra said:
sounds like fun! Someone should organize one of these at TSF in Oregon.

i totally agree. we have actually been talking about this. maybe sooner than later.

cpl things we need to figure out though:
1. we would have to pretend we are stuck in order to demonstrate an extraction etc...it is VERY hard to actually get stuck at TSF, unless u are Jason in the snow.
2. none of us PDX vanc guys have winches.

pSYChedXJ said:
Yhea RIGHT! A day without Matt breaking something is like a day without sunshine.
- Jay

Your in the NW now Jay, need better analogy. What is this sun-shine you speak of?

Cndlpwr said:
A day without WHO??? :sunshine:
:doh:
Good God, your narcissism truly has no bounds:D

I'm In. For Sure this time.

My last day with Oil Can Henry's is April 29th, so I'll put aside some money for this trip.

Thanks for making it an overnight, that is cool. This should be lots of fun. I'm totally down for it.

Blkxjkrawler said:
Your in the NW now Jay, need better analogy. What is this sun-shine you speak of?
Sorry, I'm in Florida for the week and have been reintroduced to that bright hot thing in the sky :sunshine:

- Jay

Avanteone said:
I'm turning over a new leaf. Don't forget, there was a time when I really didn't break all that much. My Jeep was only in for upgrades. It's only been since I bought indestructable axles that shit has been breaking so much. Sigh. :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

Back