• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Inner Fender Liner

abzrocka

NAXJA Forum User
Do I really need it? I was mucking about yesterday and it was so brittle it practically fell out. So is really needed? Should I replace it? What have you guys done?

You don't really need them. I took mine out. It does let mud get into your hinges, so you do need to keep them clean if you remove the liners.

James.

people have also used pool noodles and painted them black jammed em in and you can't even really see them

Old mud flaps from trucks work well for keeping the crap out of the door areas. They also make really good under motor splash shields.

Dude, one of the guys i went through ALS with had sheet metal riveted in the wells inplace of the plastic. Good idea, but i am pretty sure its not the kindest sound to hear on a rocky trail, gravel road, even a good amount of mud.

Dude, one of the guys i went through ALS with had sheet metal riveted in the wells inplace of the plastic. Good idea, but i am pretty sure its not the kindest sound to hear on a rocky trail, gravel road, even a good amount of mud.

I think it would work ok if you applied some sort of rubber undercoat to it afterwards, even something like herculiner.

Since you live in Arizona, you don't have to worry about this, but in winter slush and melted snow can accumulate on the "step" area of the front door openings. When it refreezes it can make opening and closing the doors more interesting. That said, I still have mine removed and just lube up the hinges with lithium grease once or twice a year.

Back