• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The February 24th Brown's Camp Wheelin Thread

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I am just going to put this on a locked down status, so we can get some RSVP action goin...

Disclaimer: This is an UNOFFICIAL run

Where: Tillamook State Forest
Meet Place: North Plains McDonalds parking lot
Time: Start meeting at 8:30AM, leave parking lot at 9:00AM
ORV Stickers: You need one, go to GI Joes or the DMV and get one

What to expect: trails and wheeling, be ready to air down to 10-12psi and make some tracks.

Your Vehicle: Most anyone is welcome. You should have basic stuff, fire extinguisher, towstrap, recovery points, stuff like that. It'd be nice if everyone was at least on a 31" tire, but last time I was up there I wheeled with a stock TJ + some BFG's and it did fine. I was running 32's/4.5" lift/open diffs/stock everything else and I did quite well

How to get there: Take Hwy 26 west to the North Plains exit and find the McDonalds.

If you know the Brown's area fairly well post up, I don't know it too well

Also, post to sign up for going...hope to see you all there!

Edit: fisked times and added blurb about REQUIRED ORV TAGS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll go ahead and throw a "yes i'll be there" out there.

unless......i get my junk. then it's off to the shop for my baby instead. it's in northridge4x4's hands now. let us pray.........aauuuummmmmmmm....

Gotta tell ya Rod, I'm rooting against your stuff showing up on time, but only because I'd like to see ya tag along...

Is that mean?

That is unless of course it showed up tomorrow and you were back on the road before the 24th, lol

Maybe I should have posted a RSVP for goat... no one showed but Aussie wheeler, the kid knows his stuff! good job bro!, Anyway Iwill probably make this one. If I do, I'm probably gonna trailer my rig. If something breaks it will be a long drive to Oregon City n back. I'll let ya know when we get closer if I'll be there or not.

brrr... gonna be cold?

:rolleyes: :dunno: :confused1

Last edited:
Jason-RJR said:
haha, I was hoping I could get you to add that to the first post in the thread, and edit the times... I don't have editing capabilities.
Okay... I did that. and now...
So far its:
Jason-RJR
mojojojo
TORX
milosfreedom

going

New attendence list:

We now have 5 locked in and 1 possible

Yes --- Jason-RJR
Yes --- TORX
Yes --- MadMax
Yes --- mojojojo (unless parts arrive)
Yes --- milosfreedom
Maybe --- WesternXJ (work schedule depending, if yes will camp friday at browns)

If WesternXJ decides on a yes and goes to camp friday, and you choose to camp out there as well, please let me know, so we don't wait extra for you at the meeting spot saturday

add one more. some of you met Doug at the snow run we did back in november (wrangler guy) i invited him. he said he would love to go. he knows browns very well.

mojojojo said:
add one more. some of you met Doug at the snow run we did back in november (wrangler guy) i invited him. he said he would love to go. he knows browns very well.

Now that you invited a Wrangler guy I might do the same. My brother in law did a friends longarm in an 04 rubicon, and he wheels with us now and then...

...I'll see if he wants to join.

New attendence list:

We now have 7 locked in and 1 possible

Yes --- Jason-RJR
Yes --- TORX
Yes --- MadMax
Yes --- Doug (Wrangler Guy)
Yes --- milosfreedom
Yes --- jeepboy381 (so long as tranny gets fixed)
Maybe --- WesternXJ (work schedule depending, if yes will camp friday at browns)

If WesternXJ decides on a yes and goes to camp friday, and you choose to camp out there as well, please let me know, so we don't wait extra for you at the meeting spot saturday

New attendence list:

We now have 7 locked in and we lost WesternXJ, thats too bad, guess we'll see you next time!

Yes --- Jason-RJR
Yes --- TORX
Yes --- MadMax
Yes --- Doug (Wrangler Guy)
Yes --- milosfreedom
Yes --- jeepboy381 (so long as tranny gets fixed)

Mojojojo is still discussing a camp out friday, if you decide to camp, talk to him and get it arranged, and keep this thread posted on what you plan to do. Our idea is to meet up as normal, then caravan to the browns entrance or the shell station and meet up with the campers, if there are any.[/quote]

TORX said:
Thanks Jason for getting keeping up with this, sounds like we'll have a small group. Plus I heard higher elevations are supposed to get snow so that could make things interesting.

TORX

The last time I was out it was pretty buried in snow, it was great.

Small groups are good, less waiting on people and more wheeling!

So anyone gonna take a crack at the Waterfall?
jerry05.jpg

Last edited:
Back