• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Hyundai Tiburon 107k 2.0 L NewCastle, DE

Copesetic

NAXJA Forum User
http://delaware.craigslist.org/car/278061984.html

1998 Hyundai Tiburon 107k 2.0 L $1500

The Good,
I have a Black 5 speed manual 1998 Hyundai Tiburon with 107k miles on it. Runs Great, Never let me down or stranded, always starts, when I bought it 70k miles, I replaced the clutch and new pads. and 4 new tires. the backs did not need replaced but I did it anyway. I kept the rear Tires to some day put on the front. they come with the car.I replaced the battery with a Die-hard (winter.) for an extra $100 I have new Stainless steal Headers for it. Less then 7000 miles ago I replace ALL 4 Calipers Rotors and pads. ($500 in parts) Needless to say this thing stops well. Very Forgiving clutch for new drivers but will still get up and go for seasoned drivers. Both I and the previous owner were none smokers but there is a small burn hole in the back seat.

The Bad,
Minor things that don't work, Rear defrost, Interior light, missing one fog light other does not work. Windshield wipers only go Middle and Fast speed's. I have removed the Head unit and CB radio I installed when I got the car to put in my new jeep. Back hatch does not totally unlatch when you use the drivers lever.(new rubber springs and or shocks needed.)
The rear radio antenna was bent when my kayak slid off the roof. bending some of the metal around the antenna mount. The metal around one rear tire fender is rusting.
Last time I took it though inspection I had a engine light on and it did not pass. I have had a few people take it for a test drive and I noticed that the engine light is not on anymore. (I am thinking bad tank of gas) I did fill it up since inspection lanes) I am planing on getting it inspected if I don't sell it and just own a jacked up jeep and a Daily driver 5speed. The Trans fluid is due for a change. It's finicky about shifting in to first and reverse. reverse some times requires double clutching.

Steve.

Last edited:
Back