• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumpers recommened for under 800$

bumpers...good luck

Most bumpers (as in front and rear) will go from $1000 up to as much as you want to spend.
I bought the Warn XJ bumper (i know, its big) for around $700 and that was an absolute STEAL...

last day of 4wheel part truck fest event.
We started negotiations at $1299

Rear bumpers are generally a little less expensive.

If you are not going to use them as recovery points, there are some bumpers that you can get well within you budget.

Or you may see if you can find someone that will build you a set...for less than $800

rigidco.com

come in a little more, but worth it.

Try this one. I found it on amazon.com. This way you can weld extra things such as bull bar or exo.

kewlkatdady said:
bumpers...good luck

Most bumpers (as in front and rear) will go from $1000 up to as much as you want to spend.
I bought the Warn XJ bumper (i know, its big) for around $700 and that was an absolute STEAL...

last day of 4wheel part truck fest event.
We started negotiations at $1299

Rear bumpers are generally a little less expensive.

If you are not going to use them as recovery points, there are some bumpers that you can get well within you budget.

Or you may see if you can find someone that will build you a set...for less than $800

well he didnt say winch bumper or a tire carrier rear ..... sooo he can easily beat that amount at JCR

xj page http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJB

stage 1 = $210

stg1xjfrntdsc.jpg

stage 2 rear = $225

xjrearstage2smnew.jpg

he could still affors some sliders, some extra coin for some skids, or upgrade to winch bumper or rear tire carrier.

also should for some reason you not like the jcr stuff consider ridgid

http://rigidco.com/products.htm prices listed for their front which has sweet frame support section and tie ins, or http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/

ridgids site hasnt been updated in ages doesnt even show the rear tire carrier which is sweet, ridgid has a couple weeks to couple months lead time, which sucks if your in a hurry.

Ajs looks like he changed the site, i dont see prices on his bumpers but both aj and jcr have no fine print warranties if you brake it they fix it for free or replace it. Between those THREE SWEET small business's you cant go wrong.

I hate when you buy something and you see it 2 years later for a whole lot less....

Oh well...it has been money well spent.

i like my Warn... but if I were in the bumper buying mode now, I would CERTAINLY give AJ a shout.

www.ajsoffroadarmor.com

i had my rear bumper, tire carrier, and sliders custom made buy a guy who works at a local "truck accessories" store, and it turned out a lot better than anything i could find, plus he made it exactly the way i wanted it and for way less $$ than any productionparts that i could find.

kewlkatdady said:
JCR seems like a nice bumper, but make sure you spend the extra $39 and get the unibody tie ins

Good suggestion - unless you get their winch bumper, they come with tie ins included

kewlkatdady said:
JCR seems like a nice bumper, but make sure you spend the extra $39 and get the unibody tie ins

JCR's stuff is nice. I'm very happy with all of my JCR garb (front, rear bumpers and stage 2 sliders). It has all taken a beating and it's held up just fine.

If you think you even remotely think you might use the bumpers for recovery, Yes, the tie-ins are very necessary.
Great customer service and quick shipping. No drop-shipping involved.:yelclap:

Hale

Last edited:
Rigid Co bumpers. Front and rear will run you about 1200 total. Super solid front, super strong rear, both with 2" receivers, and a tire carrier rear for 35" tires.

$1000 for a bumper on an XJ is insane. The only ones I've ever done over that mark were for fullsize trucks but there's a lot more time/materials in one of those pigs. Like this one...
jerryb2.jpg

jerryfb9.jpg

The reason I don't list prices is that at least 80% of what I build are one of a kind custom bumpers based on what the customer asks for. Best part of my job though seeing the cool stuff people come up with!

skeetman84 said:
i had my rear bumper, tire carrier, and sliders custom made buy a guy who works at a local "truck accessories" store, and it turned out a lot better than anything i could find, plus he made it exactly the way i wanted it and for way less $$ than any productionparts that i could find.

does he have a website?
then its not relevant

Back