• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lock out hubs???

I've only been using Warn hubs for a few months and from my limited experience they have a pretty good dealer network for obtaining spare parts. Most dealers are unlikely to carry spares in stock due to the size of the range, but it does seem that all spare parts are available to order at reasonable prices.

I've run both superwinch and warn premium's on my front 44. They both break about the same. :shiver: I have a set of warns on it now and a set of both superwinch and warns in the back. I do like the 1/4 turn to lock feature of the superwinch and they are a few bucks cheaper than the premium's. Shop around, I found a set of warn premiums from an internet mail order site for 70 bucks a few months back.

DaffyXJ said:
I've run both superwinch and warn premium's on my front 44. They both break about the same. :shiver: I have a set of warns on it now and a set of both superwinch and warns in the back. I do like the 1/4 turn to lock feature of the superwinch and they are a few bucks cheaper than the premium's. Shop around, I found a set of warn premiums from an internet mail order site for 70 bucks a few months back.
Ok but both are better a/sronger than OEM junk..right??

What OEM Junk? Jeep CJ's came out with Warn hubs and waggy's had flanges.

Some of the stock D44 locking hubs are pretty stout. It is generally considered that Warn hubs are stronger than Superwinch. I know a couple of guys that run the Superwinch hubs as fuses so they have less chance of breaking an axle. Having wheeled with guys with both, I can say that the Superwinch have broken more times than the Warn.

KarlVP said:
The Cheap MileMarker hubs seem to be doing great.

I've seen these fail on very easy obstacles. Id stick with Warn.

VegasAnthony said:
ford f150 lock outs..OEM 1976 with disks

FWIW, I broke 4 non-alloy shafts without breaking an OEM hub from 1976...

but I had other problems...

I have Warn Premiums for the waranty, and carry my stock 1976 hubs as spares...

Back