• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kind of air filter should I use?

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Due to the pollution and dust in SoCal, what brand/model air filter is recommended for my XJ?

Step 1. --- Duct tape, seal it up tight so nothing can get in.

Step 2. --- Go to OEM tech, search for "Why won't my XJ start?"

i just crumple up a few paper towels.... change them every 5 or 6 years...

Man.... I am going to answer this seriously. Shoot me later.

TruFlow Filters. They really are #1 in my book. But, so are you chraka.:shocked:

Ya know, a guy asks a simple question and you bums jump all over him. Scrappy...you may be excused. The rest of you should be ashamed for treating such a high posting MEMBER, who serves us on our BOD, like this.

Avery...don't worry about the filter, it really doesn't do much anyway.

Whatever you use, make sure it doesn't disrupt the airflow to your tornado.

Personally,I prefer a woman's stocking filled with cotton balls, secured with a garter.

-Dan

If you plumb the exhaust around to the intake you won't have to worry about dust anymore or having to use an air filter ever.

MJR said:
If you plumb the exhaust around to the intake you won't have to worry about dust anymore or having to use an air filter ever.

All he needs is a turbo in between, for the ultimate set up....

Sounds like a 4 liter smog pump.

duct tape an Ionic Breeze air purifier to the intake. (be sure to get the one with the feel-good negative ions that simulate real outdoor air!)

Back