• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaking of Roof Racks ...

please post a picture. If you remove the black trim many of the drip rails the seam is pretty third world quailty so i am not sure what EXACTLY your encountering. I have very minor cracks by the rear hatch, i am gonna weld. No major seperation of the drip rails and i have lost both my black plastic drip rail covers to branches. You can see the seam, you cant stick anything between mine so please post up a picture of what your experiencing .

Might try some of this : SEMA 39537= weld bond adhesive "metal to metal" @$25.00 dollars from O'Reilly's autoparts stores here in the great Midwest or online sources for $30.00 the adhesive and $75.00 for the application gun-HTH

motorcityxj said:
please post a picture. If you remove the black trim many of the drip rails the seam is pretty third world quailty so i am not sure what EXACTLY your encountering. I have very minor cracks by the rear hatch, i am gonna weld. No major seperation of the drip rails and i have lost both my black plastic drip rail covers to branches. You can see the seam, you cant stick anything between mine so please post up a picture of what your experiencing .

I pretty much have the same. The "drip rail" seams are fine, just in the rear at the ends, there is a crack about 1/8" to 1/4" long. Better get out the torch.

bxj said:
Might try some of this : SEMA 39537= weld bond adhesive "metal to metal" @$25.00 dollars from O'Reilly's autoparts stores here in the great Midwest or online sources for $30.00 the adhesive and $75.00 for the application gun-HTH

I think the tears are more stress fractures. I'm fairly certain this won't work.

Back