• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler 3 link

damo252

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, but did not find what I was looking for.

Who has this suspension?

How does it work, both how does it mount, and install as well as how functional is it on the trail? what are the benefits and deterants of the kit?

damo252 said:
I searched, but did not find what I was looking for.

Who has this suspension?

How does it work, both how does it mount, and install as well as how functional is it on the trail? what are the benefits and deterants of the kit?

i just intalled it a few days ago and been great i am running baja claws and theres more noise because of the metal bushings, more comfortable on roads street and highways on the installation is easy you need to weld the 2 lower brackets and drill 4 holes for the upper one and adjust them

Thank you for the suggestions on searching. I did search, and found several threads. What I want is First instalation inforamtion which I got some helpful info on that, but I really want a picture of the set-up. Does anyone have a picture of the set-up?

When you order the kit, they give you pretty detail instruction with pictures so thats a plus.

I will try and get some pictures snapped and sent to you tomorrow night of my truck with the 3 link.

Like one of the above posters said, its an awesome kit. It drives great on the road very smooth and precise. I've found that its not noisy at all, but its all in how you grease the joints and how tight your jam nuts are.

If you need any information on these kits, or pricing, don't be afraid to drop me a line as I'm a full rockkrawler dealer.

ps if you check out the vendor forum, we have a sale going on that rk long arm upgrade kit at an unheard of price. It's only going for a couple more days so go check it out.

i just installed the LA's and they are loud as hell. because of the joints, theres a substantial amount of road noise, compared to kits using a rubber bushing and RE super flex joint. Also, the grease fittings that come with the kit are crap, i broke like 3 of them! overall, the kit does ride nice, minus the noise... and is very stable on the road at 70mph! check out creasey offroad, they have the best price on this kit by far! if you wanna know how much i paid, just pm me.

shimmy said:
i just installed the LA's and they are loud as hell. because of the joints, theres a substantial amount of road noise, compared to kits using a rubber bushing and RE super flex joint. Also, the grease fittings that come with the kit are crap, i broke like 3 of them! overall, the kit does ride nice, minus the noise... and is very stable on the road at 70mph! check out creasey offroad, they have the best price on this kit by far! if you wanna know how much i paid, just pm me.

The Noise issue will be remedied later on this year, RK is working on some new Joints......with HUGE ass rubber bushings on one end..

zjmikey said:
The Noise issue will be remedied later on this year, RK is working on some new Joints......with HUGE ass rubber bushings on one end..

so then the loudness i'm experiencing is a "normal" issue for the RK kit?

If you call them they will be happy to email you pics from their install manual.

here is a pic of it flexed a little in the front.
HPIM0108.jpg

Loudness? Is that really a concern?

3 links must use all "hard" joints or they will experience mad wrap and horrible handling. If you want quiet, stick to a 4 link with rubber.

all you guys experiencing loud noises coming from your joints arn't properly greasing your joints.

My truck makes absolutely no noise on the road with these joints. I've posted up a few times about how to remedy the situation and I'm actually trying to type up something to send over to Jeremy at RockKrawler to add into his directions so people don't have the same problem.

You need to disassemble the joints entirely, pack the joint with grease and put the whole thing back together. Those retainer plates on the outside must get put back together with locktite. You want to fully tighten those retainer plates so that everything presses together properly. Then you will want to loosen those retainer plates slightly so that if you grab the metal ball you can move that ball with your fingers. You want it to be pretty much effortless.

Then you must grease these joints every once in a while, they will not take care of themselves thats why they have grease fittings.

Also when you tighten your jam nuts, set the length that you want, put the joint end into a vise, hold the arm with your hand and get a huge open ended wrench on that jam nut. I'm trying to remember the size its something like an 1-1/4 i know the upper is a 1-1/8 so i think the lower is 1-1/4. And then tighten that jam nut untill you can tighten no more.

If you do all of this i can pretty much guarantee all of your noise from the joints will go away. I've sold TONS of these kits and everyone says the same thing to me. Once I tell them what to do, all they can do is say thank you so much because its worked every time.

I forgot who mentioned about our website, our site is sort of outdated, we've had big problems with it which we are trying to fix. If you want more information don't be afraid to give us a call at the office its 1-845-355-ROCK (7625)

Also I am sure I can beat any price that creasey's gives out. So if you want a price please pm me.

If anyone has any other questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

Ohh and you are correct, RK is working on a new set of joints for people that want rubber bushings. I have not been told when the release will be but it should be shortly so keep your eyes open.

Matt

wow, take all the joint's apart? that seems like a lot for work for an off the shelf kit, shouldn't they come greased already?

Last edited:
Back