• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tabor winches(I'm too lazy to search for opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too lazy to answer.

Ex CCS Racer said:
That just means you don't know :D

I do happen to know, I actually researched it once before, but I cannot relate to your laziness to search.

Good luck.

i just searched Tabor and there are only 7 threads you lazy A$$.

having said that I would like to see an actual update on the Tabor winch line from users, as all of the threads had short term opinions of the Tabor winches which were good.

I don't like the way the question was asked, but it still begs to be answered.

goodburbon said:
i just searched Tabor and there are only 7 threads you lazy A$$.

having said that I would like to see an actual update on the Tabor winch line from users, as all of the threads had short term opinions of the Tabor winches which were good.

I don't like the way the question was asked, but it still begs to be answered.

See that's all I found on several forums. Short answers and they generally got off topic. I give give 2 shits less about if it's made in the US or not or if it has Warn internals or not. Does it work good? Does it work reliably? Any reoccuring problems? Those are the questions I can't seem to find an honest answer on.

Btw, I actually did search and came up with clouded crap threads:jester:

ok then perhaps we should get a mod to delete this (yet another in a line of useless threads), and re-ask the question in a less provocative manner. So we could have a clear and concise answers to the question without all of the BS.

I've used mine 3 times already and it does the job fine....2x to pull myself out and once to pull a 97 blazer out of about 8 feet of mud up to the frame.It never grunted.The only thing I have to gripe about is the way the control box is designed.It would not mount to the winch so I had to make a custom mount for it.It almost seems like the box was made to fit on the side of some other winch.I got mine through 4wheelonline.com for 520.00 shipped,came with roller fairlead and 100feet of wire.One thing that surprised me is that in the owners manual states that the rated line pull is 8820lbs not 9000lbs.So I feel like I got cheated out of 180lbs of pulling power...

**click to enlarge**

Last edited:
creeperjeep said:
Good maybe you can write a review for the rest of the lazy worthless non members on here
The above comment not supported by NAXJA.

2_thumbs_up.jpg

But it is by me.

Last edited:
Ex CCS Racer said:
They are made in the US too. :)

I actually bought one through work today for $460(no tax and no shipping). I'll put it through it's paces this year and give some real feedback(our group tend to wheel shit beyond our rig's capability). :D If I don't like it I'll sell it and get my money back.
105bc41.jpg

Ex CCS Racer said:
Fixed it for ya.
Maybe you can take the time to thank those of us dumb enough to pay $30 for a sticker and an avatar for these forums.
Bandwidth and servers ain't free ya know, you think websites just magically host themselves?
Quite frankly you're a guest of all us idiots that paid. Show some respect.

87manche said:
Maybe you can take the time to thank those of us dumb enough to pay $30 for a sticker and an avatar for these forums.
Bandwidth and servers ain't free ya know, you think websites just magically host themselves?
Quite frankly you're a guest of all us idiots that paid. Show some respect.

Respect is earned, not bought. And as people post their smartass comments I will post mine in return as I feel fit. Do you have anything you'd like to add concerning your experience with Tabor winches?

No I don't have anything to add that's useful, I just felt like adding to the worthlessness of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back