• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats...

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Lately the front seats in my 90XJ have been bothering me so I'm looking into swapping another set of front seats in.

I know with a forum this big some of you have probably done a seat swap. I'm looking for something more comfotable, something that doesn't jab you in the back when you recline it, and maybe something to match the maroon interior. I have a 2-door so I'll need to flip up the seats...Are the seats from XJ wagoneers any good? Is a Grand Wagoneer seat swap possible? I had one and those seats were like a good lazy boy

John B said:
On 95+ XJ's only. Pre 95 has different seat bases are not bolt in.

correct.... the grand seats are VERY comfortable too and add a little height so if you're tall, you may wanna rethink it.

Zoro said:
I'm not very tall and my XJ is a '90...Can the seat rails be swapped?

Still doable, just a bit more complicated.

On your 90 you'll need to aquire 95+ floor crossmembers and weld them into your 90. Not a difficult job. Then you'll need 95+ seat bases to bolt it all in.

John B said:
Still doable, just a bit more complicated.

On your 90 you'll need to aquire 95+ floor crossmembers and weld them into your 90. Not a difficult job. Then you'll need 95+ seat bases to bolt it all in.
That's a little too much work for right now, maybe sometime down the road.

BTW-I've noticed on alot of the older XJ's that the floorboards rot thru arround the seat crossmembers under the truck on the top of the tranny tunnel. Mine has just started arround the seat supports, how can I fix this?

Back