• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird lock problem

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
went out ot my jeep today('95 sport) and the power locks won't work. the relays click, but none of the locks work. any thoughts?

Mine did it intermittently, it stopped a couple months ago and has been fine since...I did use JB weld to "glue" the mechanism back on for the passenger's door.

The actuating rod inside the door could have slipped, mine was doing the same thing when I bent one of the rods removing the door panel. You could hear it move and the relays click, but they wouldn't lock. Just something to check.

get no sound at the door. the power lock switch makes the relays under the dash click, but nothing happens at any door. key works fine, just want the power switch to work too.

All the fuses ok? It sounds like a power issue between the relay and the door, most likely wiring, or between the relay and +12vdc, a fuse or wiring.

I had the same thing happen on my 91 it turned out to be the small wire coming from the positive battery terminal had corroded and broke off…..check it out.

i hate power windows and locks. such a hassle. especily becasue not many wheel new machines so by the time they get into somones hands thats gonna lift them the windows and locks scew up.

agreed. my ideal vehicle has hand cranks and push buton locks. alas, these are harder to find every year that goes by. good old american laziness coupled with modern technology. guess i'll be out with the multimeter this weekend.

Back