• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy RE stuff?

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm looking at buying some RE stuff. I'm trying to find out if there is a place for me mail order this stuff that is cheaper than getting it from RE itself. I know a while ago there was, but I havn't ordered anything in a long time.

Thanks,
B-loose

At the risk of firing up all the other RE dealers out there....

Dirk at DPG Off Road (KS) and JohnJohn at Big Offroad (CO) are both RE dealers that do mail order.

Thanks Woody. I've delt with Dirk before and was happy, but I don't think he sold RE at the time.

B-loose

Do you know the web addy for big offroad? Anyone hear of Authorized Vehicle 4X4?

Thanks,
B-loose

I recommend Authorized Vehicle 4x4 whole heartedly. RJ is a dream to deal with and his prices can't be beat. I'm pretty sure he'll match the competition(Dirk will too, just to be fair), but he starts out with darn good prices to begin with. Just one happy customer right here, and ask RJ, I've spent my fair share of $$ with him:D

Ary

Ary'01XJ said:
I recommend Authorized Vehicle 4x4 whole heartedly. RJ is a dream to deal with and his prices can't be beat. I'm pretty sure he'll match the competition(Dirk will too, just to be fair), but he starts out with darn good prices to begin with. Just one happy customer right here, and ask RJ, I've spent my fair share of $$ with him:D

Ary

DITTO

dirks a great guy as are all the rest. i've gotten all my RE parts from him and even been wheelin with him a few time, good guy to talk to.

brad

dont forget crawltech.... prices are real good

Thanks for the help guys. Been a while since I ordered anything for the Jeep, so I'm a bit out of the loop. But it's time to get ready for Moab.

B-loose

KarmirXJ said:
um.

try this....
http://www.rubiconexpress.com

(nothing beats going direct, you eliminate the middle man when BS arrises later)
You could do that.
Or you could buy from Dirk, Dora, Jason or myself and save lots...AND if trouble should arise, we have a repoire with Sean, Mike and Eric at RE...we get things done;)

I have always dealt with Jeepin Jason at jeepin.com. I have never had a problem through him. I'm not saying the other guys are not as good, just never bought anything throught them before.

Justin

RE is notorious for having MUCH higher prices than their retailers, and they have CRAPPY service to boot. Do yourself a favor and go through any of the retailers mentioned and you'll have a much better time.

Yep, this was my plan. I ordered from RE direct in the past and their service was fine at the time. But one time someone recommended an online dealer and I saved myself some money. So, I wanted to do the same again but couldn't remember where I ordered the stuff from.

I have no problem ordering from an online dealer, as long as they have a good reputation.

B-loose

dont go crawltech

DO NOT BUY FROM CRAWLTECH.COM
I ordered my lift well over a month ago and still haven't got it.
Plus i think they went out of business and just screwed me outta the 500 dollars i had saved long and hard to buy my lift with. Kinda hard to get a refund from someone outta business. There phone # is disconnected and website is shut down. I am probably the most pissed of jeeper in Pa right now. NICK

Re: dont go crawltech

96XJCLASSIC said:
DO NOT BUY FROM CRAWLTECH.COM
I ordered my lift well over a month ago and still haven't got it.
Plus i think they went out of business and just screwed me outta the 500 dollars i had saved long and hard to buy my lift with. Kinda hard to get a refund from someone outta business. There phone # is disconnected and website is shut down. I am probably the most pissed of jeeper in Pa right now. NICK

If you used a credit card, dispute the charges, and you will have no problems

put it on a debit card. allready contacted my bank and the better business bureau. they are both gonna see what they can do. doesn't look that good though.

Back