• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROCK LIGHTS

Well then welcome and congrates. BUT be prepared to become nausious with all that you can do to your XJ, first and formost what are your current specs, and maybe some pics, but only one or two pics if it is stock, we all know what stock looks like :)

Oh and turn off the caps lock, everyone will think you are yelling.

So far put 2 in. spacers in front, longer shackles and half in. block in back, and shock extenders; all from rocky road indust. $139---2 hockey pucks with gorilla glue in front, each side , and extended back stops 2 in. with 2 in. square tubing--2 in. lift total, ft. and rear--got 31-10.50 futura at pep boys, $ 450--oh, also removed rear bar---no rubbing on street--next i'll try trimming fenders a little---it's a 99, 80k miles--got it for $5k--like new---i'm reading tech discussions twice a day -learning all i can

I have 3" total which includes 3"s of spacers up front and 3" block in the rear running 31x10.5 15" Dunlop mudrovers and I have a litttle rub only on the inner pannel in the rear and the shock tower up front(but only when swaybar is discod) I have had no need to trim anything so you may want to hold up on the trimming. I have done nothing with my bumpstops and since you have dropped yours down you may not have a single issue with rubbing.

rocklights? i've got them :)
nightflex23em.jpg

14do2.jpg

eye20bolts28yd.jpg

you can see where i mounted them. i didn't drill any holes, simply removed 1 popclip on each side and throughbolted them. they're the cheapest foglights they sell at walmart, about 15$ for the pair with wiring and everything.
rocklights4ot.jpg

that's my most recent picture. the lenses cracked from doing a water crossing with lamps that were still hot, but the bulbs still work.

Jump This said:
As far as I can tell...the best use of rock lights is for after hour repairs!!! :D
BTW they also look cool in night time videos!
Rick 'R:sunshine:

So true... but would rather be doing after hours mods than repairs!

Jump This said:
BTW they also look cool in night time videos!

like this one, of me :)
http://www.capitaljeeps.com/videos/dynamite44_rocklights.MOV
its a .MOV file, which means its quicktime.
enjoy.

when it comes to rocklights, they're fine if all you run is rocks. i run everything, rocks, mud, water crossings, and my rocklights have suffered because of it. if you're going to do any kind of water crossing, make sure you've got the rocklights turned off and they've been off for a long time. the cold water on hot glass causes the glass to break.
mine were only $15, but still, i was pissed.
most people have them up front, i've only ever seen a couple of jeeps with rocklights in the back.
for the front, snaking the wires is easy. no holes need to be drilled either. the rear of an XJ is a different story.

sjan said:
WHAT ARE ROCK LIGHTS ? WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR ?

The main purpose of rock lights are so you (or your spotters) can see the terrain beneath your rig when wheeling at night. Plus it looks really cool. :)

I've also found them useful for working under the Jeep in the dark, such as when you finish the trail after dark and you want to connect your sway bars...

Mine are the cheap ones found at Walmart.

rocklight01.jpg

rocklight02.jpg

rocklight03.jpg

Back