• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical issues

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 88 and i left it outside over the winter. it drove and ran before i left in january now it doesnt even start. the battery had a hair under 12v and when i turned the key it made a loud buzzing sound like the fuel pump was seized. there was no click or any thing just a loud buzz. it has a new engine, new starter, alternator, battery and a new pump. before i left, i shorted out a switch that was connected to my fan, which did not have a fuse on it. it was connnected directly to the battery. it was only shorting for about 2 seconds when i unpluged it. also when the key is off, the dash lights stay lit and the tail lights glow with out the head lights being on. when i adjust the dimmer for the interior lights the tail lights get brighter or dimmer. i also have my cb radio, fan power wire, and another power wire connected into the fuse block. everything else works fine, it just wont start and the dash lights stay on. it has me baffled.

Back