• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to seat lug bolts?

you need 2 nuts that will fit properly on the studs. put one on, and then the other over it. And wrench them together tight.

Turn the top one down until its in tight...then release the top bolt, take off the bottom bolt, and repeat 9 more times.

Have fun. :Wave:

noresttill said:
Whats the best method to do this. Id rather not take the hubs off.

Get the bolt in place, then put a bunch of washers or an oversize nut on the bolt, now use a lug nut to pull the lug bolt in place.
Repeat 9 times.

What Falcon said.

FWIW, they are not lug bolts on an XJ. They are studs. Lug bolts were used on Hudsons -- they are bolts that go into threaded holes in the hubs.

Eagle said:
What Falcon said.

FWIW, they are not lug bolts on an XJ. They are studs. Lug bolts were used on Hudsons -- they are bolts that go into threaded holes in the hubs.

I agree, they are studs with raised serations and a press fit.
What I described will work on studs, I wrote down "bolts" to avoid confusion.

falcon556 said:
I agree, they are studs with raised serations and a press fit.
What I described will work on studs, I wrote down "bolts" to avoid confusion.
You mean they are Lugs, lugs are pressed in, studs are threaded both ends and are screwed in.

langer1 said:
You mean they are Lugs, lugs are pressed in, studs are threaded both ends and are screwed in.

I am looking at the Jeep parts catalog showing a D35 axle and the doohickey that holds the tire. It says:
Stud, Hub, Wheel. Part# 5011 312AA
I guess some studs are pressed in, some screwed on, some put on tires and some are what women want. :)

who cares!...get em on and go wheelin' :laugh3:

Back