• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

it rolled what do i look for?

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
100_9960.jpg

the story goes like this, i bounced to the left and the tire cought the edge driving me right up the tree and landing me on the side, now my alignment was off prior to this happening.

as for cosmetic damage that obvious to see what needs to be fixed, as far as the front end now my alignment is off but now my wheel is turned the opposite way it was before

what should i be looking for? or should i just take it in and get it aligned?

what other thing might i not even be thinking about that i should check out, i need to add about 2 qts. of tran fluid because that was leaking out from the dipstick

Show some pics of the side and front. From that we can give you some things to look at. Is the windshield still intact?

thanks REV thats what i thought too, someone told me that there is a sleeve with threaded rod that could just slip

i'll get pics up soon of the front end

old_man said:
Show some pics of the side and front. From that we can give you some things to look at. Is the windshield still intact?

all glass is good yet believe it or not it more or less is just a taillight a mirror and a turn signal lense in front and some dents but those add character!

heres a coulpe pics from it on its side, i don't know if they will be much help but i'll go take pics tomorrow out side while its on its wheels

frontsuspension2.jpg

frontsuspension.jpg

funvtec said:
thanks REV thats what i thought too, someone told me that there is a sleeve with threaded rod that could just slip

It "could" but it "should" not. I would break out the tape measure and make sure the front end is centered, then go from there. It does not take much movment to throw off the steering wheel.

Good luck.

Rev

I am new to this forum, does this sort of "rolling over" happen a lot with you guys? I would be freaking out if I rolled my car.... Is it really not that big of a deal?

it's just a matter of getting the alignment fixed, as for the question, yes, everybody here does that once a year, or more.... we all take pics too...

Btw, the easiest trick to teach your jeep is..... to roll over:p!

Rjackson32 said:
I am new to this forum, does this sort of "rolling over" happen a lot with you guys? I would be freaking out if I rolled my car.... Is it really not that big of a deal?

Technically this type of "roll over" is a flop. A rollover is considered going at least on your lid.

Lots of guys here do easy flops, this thread is an example. I have done one easy flop myself and you would never know it by looking at my jeep. Most of us realize that a flop is a real potential when wheeling so when it happens it's not a big surprise. Wheel hard enough long enough and you will either flop or get VERY close to it a time or two.

So, the lesson to be had from your question is that if you wheel more than just a muddy road, understand that a flop is a possibility (although that looks like all he was on here :laugh3: ).

I think a full on roll is a big deal to all but a select few here... Go ahead and search for the term flop (even in the chapters, thats where i posted mine) and see how many you come up with.

-jm

...WOW. Haha. I had no idea. I associate a roll over, or "flop" as you have demoted it to, with a totaled car becasue of all the body damage it would have caused. Amazing. I would love to see how this car looks now. See some pics of the body damage once it was flipped back on its wheels. Did you and your buddies just roll it back over...? Amazing. It really is, A jeep thing. I guess I just don't understand. haha.

HTeK said:
Technically this type of "roll over" is a flop. A rollover is considered going at least on your lid.-jm
X2

Rjackson32 said:
...WOW. Haha. I had no idea. I associate a roll over, or "flop" as you have demoted it to, with a totaled car becasue of all the body damage it would have caused. Amazing. I would love to see how this car looks now. See some pics of the body damage once it was flipped back on its wheels. Did you and your buddies just roll it back over...? Amazing. It really is, A jeep thing. I guess I just don't understand. haha.

i'll post some pics later this afternoon, you really cant tell it was laying on its side just a few dents, once i get the lenses fixed and the mirror replaced it'l just look a bit more dented than before!

Back