• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget boost

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i wanna atempt to add a Bb to my 85 jeep 2 dr and i was wanting to get everyones opinion before i started (i need to know what works what doesnt and what parts fit and what just is a waste of money)i have heard differnt things here and there

i would like to fit 33" tires on a 2 dr what do i need.......

Mothertrucker said:
i would like to fit 33" tires on a 2 dr what do i need.......
You need more than a budget boost.

Get some f-250 coils,and a 2" block for the front, about a 3.5" lift there.
and dakota leafs. 3" lift right there. The springs will cost around $40 from a wrecker and not quite sure how much the leafs would be, fairly cheap tho.

EDIT: You can EASILY fit 31's under a BB(BB meaning 2"), I have pics if ya need proof.

Last edited:
ok you guy he can fit 33's on a two inch lift with a 1 3/4 dystar spacer in the front and a chevy 1500 2inch lowering shackels in the rear that will give you more flex and a lift of 2 1/4 inch in the rear i have the shackles in the rear of mine i built my 4.5 lift for less then 200$ and i run 35's

Mothertrucker said:
i dont need proof but some pics of how u did it or a runn through would be great

Well I didnt really take pics because its so easy,

Go to a wrecker, find some coils out of a 90-92 F-250, On the bottom of the coil theres a little peice of the spring you have to cut off, A grinder or a sawsall will work, You'll know what I mean when you see the f-250 coil.
Take out the XJ spring, Put the f-250 coil in, with a spacer and your done. 3.5" lift for the front, And I personally dont have the dakota springs in mine, all I have right now, is 2 1" blocks and 2 1/2" peices of steel.But I'll be making an XJ leaf pack this weekend with re-arced leafs and a set of older xj leafs But follow this thread for the dakota leafs....http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57737

If you want cheap and easy I would use a block in the rear. I think 9 out of 10 times the nut welded on the inside of the unibody breaks and you can't easily get the bolt out of the shackle. 2 cents good luck

uhh i would NOT use a block in the rear. if you want 33s you need at leaced a 3.5" kit and a lot of trimming.

helix said:
if you want 33s you need at leaced a 3.5" kit and a lot of trimming.

Nope.
Ive got about 3"s in the rear with blocks and Im fine,although Im trimmed up to the seam. I dont have the most travel in the world but its not like I have none, I have enough to wheel it. , I mean I wouldnt reccomend blocks, (im taking mine out this weekend and making a leaf pack) but if you have to, you can definitly do it.

Stay away from the blocks. (bad for the springs)
Get the Daystar BB, part number KJO91O6BK.(84-01 spacers & greaseable shackles)
It will give you 1-3/4" lift, trim your fenders a little and run 31's. Forget about a full flex unless you trim.
And dont forget to extend your bumpstops.
I have not trimmed my fenders (yet) but here is what it looks like.....
100_2001.jpg

or just go with the BB and 30's and dont trim.....
Picture43a.jpg

Or just throw some 30's on it and call it done (like anyone is ever done building a Jeep)
laughingsmiley.gif
IMG25.jpg

If you wanna run 33's forget useing a BB.

i got a friend with a bb on a 4dr and he runs 33s no prob he just trimmed up to the seam in the rear and just took a little off the fronts and added proper bumpstoping and it actually wheels supriseingly good

ok will i need longer shocks ? anything else or would the f-250 coils with shackles or blocks be ok for a weekend mud truck probally will try and geta an agressive 31" mud tire

33s are possible on a BB.

I have 1.75" spacer & ZJ coils in the front and another XJ leaf pack added to my rear (see rocklizard link above) and a comanche shackle also.

I trimmed for TJ flares and run stock shocks and brake lines. You have to bumpostop accordingly and get rims with the corrwect backspacing. I am going to be changing my shocks soon, but, yes stock ones will work for a while, but they'll limit downtravel.

Mothertrucker said:
ok will i need longer shocks ? anything else or would the f-250 coils with shackles or blocks be ok for a weekend mud truck probally will try and geta an agressive 31" mud tire

You wont need longer shocks with the f-250 coils and blocks, if its a mud truck it'll be perfect.

Back