• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97-01 Spare tire subwoofer

2000XJSPORT

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen and herd about a mopar spare tire sub for the XJ. Does anyone know anything about this. Or any other info on it. I know there are others out there that are better, but I just want to know about this one.

Sub1.jpg

Thanks
Alex.

IMO that looks pretty cheesey. Put one on the other side..........if one at all. I don't mind a little bass with my music, just don't be a thumper that can be heard 5 blocks away. Just my .02.

That looks GREAT! There isn't any Thumping with an 8-10" woofer like that...just adds low end bass to the music. Since space is limited, I'd like to do that also. just because it's a sub doesn't mean he's going to rattle the bolts loose!

I've got one and it's fairly decent. Not enough to deflect your windows, but it does enrich the bass. It's plug 'n play, comes with a wiring harness. You disconnect one of the two plugs behind your receiver, and plug the wiring harness in place. They don't give you too much of the harness either, so you have to make sure you don't give it too much slack.

I'm not a huge audiophile, so this one suits my needs and doesn't take up much space. My spare doesn't fit in the stock position anymore, but I created a "spool" out of the sub woofer and a piece of round masonite board. I wrap my tow strap around it....

Woofer2.JPG

They use to be a dealer accessory item, but they are no longer available. Chrysler had a huge "blow out" sale of their accessory items shortly after the XJ was discontinued. If you were lucky, you could pick one up on sale for $79 including the wiring harness.

The sale was so good, that I also picked up 2 brand new gas tank skids for $7 each...no kidding.

Back