• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much steering beef?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I need some advice. I am building new bumpers and will be making the mount holes all the way back to include the steering holes, much like the Crok brace does. Here is my question, is that enough beef for that area? I also have sitting in my garage my new PSC assist setup. It will be installed soon as well. Should I get one of the weld on bracing systems from ORGS(JKS), or will the new hydro assist take enough pressure off that area? I will be running 38 SXs so I want to make sure Im not gonna rip anything off. SO, what woudl you guys suggest?
Thanks for hte help....
josh

the hydro-assist will take a TON of stress off the steering box and that area of the frame if it is setup right with the steering stops and throw of the steering box. If that does not all match you could end up with a situation where the ram is trying to pull (or push) the steering box off the frame.

just make sure the draglink isn't trying to travel more than the steering box allows it. this distance can be altered by different length steering arms or pitman arm. It is also a good idea (though not related to steering box and frame strength) to limit the ram so that it matches the throw of the knuckles and the steering stops there.

Back